31 December 2011

December Flowers






Not exactly the time of year for flowers, but in Lunenburg, at least this year, you would be surprised. The Geum was still blooming up until the 23rd of December when it snowed. Inside, the African Violet has been profusely making up for its two year hiatus on blooming. The Poinsetta decided to rebloom. This is a first for me, I have never had one rebloom. The flowers are smaller and not as numerous as the ones you buy at this time of year. I can't figure it out; I almost threw this plant out. I put it out on the back porch in July when it finished blooming and didn't water it, although it might have gotten a bit during some rainstorms. In October I brought it into the house because it still looked so green, but I never expected it to survive let alone thrive and rebloom. Ah well, I will enjoy the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment