01 February 2012

Drywall and Painting - 30 and 31 January and 1 February 2012

I've been going crazy for the last three days! The computer was acting up, so I couldn't download photos and post anything to the blog. I've become so used to blogging everyday that I felt completely out of sorts.

Of course, my enforced inactivity was not reflected in the work in the Firehouse. While Brad is shushing down the ski slopes, Colin and Michael have spent the last three days hard at work. Or perhaps I should say, at least Michael has been hard at work, but then even when he is not here, Colin's supervisory presence is known and felt. On Monday, Colin and Michael drywalled the ceiling on the main floor. Or is that they dry ceilinged?

On Tuesday, Colin had other commitments, but Michael carried on. He painted a ton of molding and then did all of the finicky bits of paint removal that were still left on the interior doors. I must say that unlike his colleagues he is very prompt at coming to the house when called for snacks.

Today, with Colin back on site again, the two of them were able to drywall the walls on the main floor. When I peeked in at 4 pm, they were almost done, so I'm not sure if they were able to finish or not, but if they didn't they will be very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment