08 October 2011

Thanksgiving at the Floral Cottage - October 2011


A year ago today we first laid eyes on The Floral Cottage. For Will, it was the indication that this lovely old house had been built for a sail-maker that hearkened back to his youth growing up in a sea-faring town in Maine. For me, it was the name "The Floral Cottage" and the lovely gardens, coupled with the lovely house that made me fall in love. For both of us, this was a house that we wanted to make a home, in a town that we already adored, with lots of people that we knew would become wonderful friends and neighbours. We have spent the last year moving, settling in, and building on to what we have here.

We are so thankful to be in this little piece of heaven. This Thanksgiving the weather is absolutely superb, and so gardening continues without a pause. We made a wonderful fall stew today, although it was really too warm for stew, with peas, green and yellow beans, beets, tomatoes, carrots, parsnips, green onions, and potatoes fresh from the garden.

I am also especially thankful for the wonderful man to whom I am married. Will has supported my hopes and dreams, tolerated my craziness, and let me be me for sixteen years. It just keeps growing and strengthening.

No comments:

Post a Comment